Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday Savings Part II




This is my groceries for this week. First off I went to 2 grocery stores to get all these items. Had I not shopped with coupons I would have spent a total of $92.17, $42.12 at one store and $50.05 at the other. Since I shopped with coupons and I shopped the weekly circulars and sale items I got all of this for a grand total of $49.75. It may seem like a lot to clip coupons and shop the sale ads but I promise you that it pays for itself! For example, the Skippy Peanut butter on the second step was on sale for 3 for $5 and I did only buy 2 so the cost was $3.34 i had 3 coupons. One coupon for $1 off 2 and 2 $.50 coupons that the store doubled. So for 2 containers of peanut butter I paid $.34. Not too bad if I say so myself!


So now that you've been clipping coupons its time to start getting familiar with your local grocery store adds. Here is one thing you should find out, does your store double coupons and if so how much do they double to? One store i went to only doubles up to $.50 and the other doubles up to $1.00. So there are certain things that I will buy at one store that I won't buy at the other because of their coupon policy. Second thing you will need to know is what dates does your grocery store sales run. This will help you shop smarter. My policy is I don't buy it if it's not on sale or I don't have a coupon. A lot of times I won't buy it unless the item is on sale and I have a coupon. Combining coupons with items that are on sale help you get more items for your buck. So start paying attention to your ads and your coupons and see what kind of money you can save.


As always if you have questions you can always ask me and I will help you all I can. Anything I can do to help you save your hard-earned money I will do.


Fashionably Yours~

No comments:

Post a Comment