Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Grocery Challenge


So in light of some recent events, mostly me being beyond broke, I have decided to start a little challenge for myself. Its not a clothing challenge like Ms. Kendi has quite often but a grocery challenge!

I've spoken to you all before about the amazing things that coupons can do for you, especially when paired with a sale. So I'm gonna challenge myself to spend only $45 a week on groceries. Now I know you might think that's crazy but sometimes life forces us to come up with crazy ideas.

Understand that I'm not starting with a bare fridge and pantry. I actually have a nice stockpile. So every week after I buy my items I will do a special post about my progress. I can't say that I won't oops, or that my mom won't buy stuff for me (she loves me!) but I can say I'm gonna do my best to watch my pennies so I can use them on other helpful things like bills (or shoes). I'm gonna try this out for a month or so and after that re-evaluate my progress. So feel free to join me and let's change our budgets!

Fashionably Yours~

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure what the prices are like at your grocery stores but $45 seems like a reasonable budget. I should definitely try and work on something like this myself. I'm looking forward to your update posts on this.

    Gotta admit though- your photo makes me want to go buy some rice krispie treats

    ReplyDelete