Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wednesday Inspiration: Recycled Projects


So what exactly is this mess on my table you ask?? Well its gonna be my new wall art for my foyer. In case you didn't know this month is Earth month and tomorrow is officially Earth Day. Although I always try to do my best to help out the planet by recycling, thrifting, conserving energy & water, I know I can always do more. I try to re-use items instead of throwing them away. For example, at christmas time I didn't buy boxes to wrap presents in, i re-used the ones I had for recycling. You can ask my family and friends...they will tell you its true. I think my dad opened his present from a cereal box, lol.

That being said, my friend showed me this link the other day with a really cool wall art piece. Its made out of.....toilet paper and paper towel rolls! I thought it was neat and decided to start doing my own since I have a huge 2-story entryway. So the stuff on the table is the start of mine. I will show you a finished product when its done but for now I wanted to show you the inspiration. Homemade Mamas is where I first say this idea. The first 2 pictures down below are from their finished product. They also have a tutorial on their blog and lots of other great crafty ideas. The second blog Growing Up Creative is where the idea originated and the very bottom 2 pictures are from that finished product.

So this my folks is this weeks inspiration!! I hope you are inspired to get crafty and possibly start thinking of ways to reduce, reuse, & recycle. Happy Earth Day (tomorrow)!!

Fashionably Yours!
















1 comment: